Thursday, March 26, 2009

Outline; Green Roof

PROJECT

I will be looking at the both benefits and disadvantages of the green roof in a big city.
Then try to eliminate some of the disadvantages of my topic to make it work better.


METHODS

I will use following methods to do my research.
  • Academic resources from TRU library
  • Magazine
  • Internet
  • Academic Report

SUPPORTING TOPIC
  1. How to plant green on the roof?
  2. Why on the roof?
  3. Is there any mess?
  4. Prevent heat?
  5. How hard is it to maintain?


SPECIAL QUESTIONS
  1. How does the green roof works without polluting on its own?
  2. What would be the difference between green roof and without green roof in a big city?

6 comments:

  1. This is a similar topic to another students. Try to be more specific about where your project will be and what kinds of green roof technologies you will be exploring. Green roofs minimize the "heat island effect" in large cities, but so do light colored (low albedo)roofing materials at a much lower cost. This comparison should also be made. I have a video about green roofs that you might want to borrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I am sure you already know this but Vu is also doing green roof designs, you might want to get a hold of him for some references.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dale>> I will definitely borrow the video from you tomorrow.

    Jill P>> Thanks. I didn't know that Vu is working on the green roof, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last summer while working, we had a lunch presentation about benefits and costs of using green roofs in residential homes. if you want, I could get you a contact number for the person who came in for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jordan >> I will take every information that I can use. Yes I would like to get the number from you!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete